All members of the Brimrod school community are committed to eliminating discrimination in any form and ensuring we fulfill our obligations under the Equality Act 2010. No form of discrimination will be tolerated and all incidents are investigated and reported on. If trends are found, the Senior Leadership Team will devise an action plan to reduce the number of incidents.
As a school, we use our PSHE and HRE curriculums to support children's understanding of different characteristics protected under the Equality Act 2010. Equality and Diversity is also celebrated and discussed through our curriculum including:
- Teaching of British Values
- Diversity Week
- Linking Schools Project
- Chameleon Project - Citizenship
- Use of literature during English and Topic lessons which promote a wider range of experiences
- Library books which celebrate and enhance children's access to a diverse range of literature
Our Equality Objectives for 2021 - 2025 are:
- To increase our children's understanding of different characteristics under the Equality Act
- To continue to raise the wider aspirations of all children in school
- Improve children's understanding of British Values
- To foster respect for all
If you have any questions concerning the school's approach to meeting the objectives or the Equality Act, please contact Mrs. Thompson to arrange an appointment.
The School's Accessibility Plan can be found under Parent Information > SEND.