In school all staff are responsible for Safeguarding, however there are number of key people named below:
Mrs Thompson is our Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL)
Miss Clarke is the Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead (DDSL)
Mrs Ashworth (FSW) supports our Designated Safeguarding Lead and Deputy Safeguarding Lead.
These three members of staff make up the Safeguarding Team and meet regularly to discuss all safeguarding concerns. The protection of children is an integral part of the ethos of our school. We strive to create an atmosphere in which children feel safe and secure, their views are valued, they are encouraged to talk and are listened to . If you have any concerns regarding a child's welfare, please speak to one of the key people named above.
The Safeguarding Governor is Helen Brougham and our Chair of Governors is Emerson Whitworth. Both of these Governors can be contacted via the school.
Our Child Protection policy details our safeguarding procedures, including our responsibilities under the statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe In Education and Working Together to Safeguard Children.
Some general observations for daily safeguarding are:
- Children must be brought to and collected from the school door by a responsible adult (over the age of 16 years - name of adults should be recorded on the Collecting Children from School form)
- Children in Years 5 & 6 who are coming to school or going home by themselves must have a permission slip signed by parents
- Children coming to school or going home on a bicycle must wear a helmet
- In hot weather, children should wear a sun hat and apply sun cream before coming to school
- In cold weather, children should come to school wearing a warm coat, hat, scarf and gloves and suitable foot wear
- EYU and KS1 children will be released by a member of staff and collected by a responsible adult (over the age of 16 years - name must be on the Collecting Children from School form)
- Please can we also ask that parents do not bring cars up Holborn Street when dropping off and collecting children from school. Cars moving in this area is a danger to the children
- Also a reminder about the gates into the school grounds. All gates will be locked at 8:50am and reopened at 3:10pm. Keeping these gates locked ensures all children are safe within school grounds
- School staff reserve the right to ask for ID if they are unsure that a person is over the age of 16 years