The protection of children is an integral part of the ethos of our school. We strive to create an atmosphere in which children feel safe and secure, their views are valued, they are encouraged to talk and are listened to . If you have any concerns regarding a child's welfare, please speak to Mr Perkins, who is the Designated Safeguarding Lead in school. In his absence, please speak to Miss Clarke, who is the Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead. If neither Mr Perkins or Miss Clarke are available, please speak to either Mrs Thompson or Mrs Ashworth.
The main points which we would like to highlight to parents are:
- Children must be brought to and collected from the school door by a responsible adult (over the age of 16 years - name of adults should be recorded on the Collecting Children from School form)
- Children in Years 5 & 6 who are coming to school or going home by themselves must have a permission slip signed by parents.
- Children coming to school or going home on a bicycle must wear a helmet.
- In hot weather, children should wear a sun hat and apply sun cream before coming to school.
- In cold weather, children should come to school wearing a warm coat, hat, scarf and gloves and suitable foot wear.
- EYU and KS1 children will be released by a member of staff and collected by a responsible adult (over the age of 16 years - name must be on the Collecting Children from School form). Parents must not take children without telling a member of staff.
- School staff reserve the right to ask for ID if they are unsure that a person is over the age of 16 years.
Please can we also ask that parents do not bring cars up Holborn Street when dropping off and collecting children from school. Cars moving in this area is a danger to the children.
Also a reminder about the gates into the school grounds. All gates will be locked at 9:00am and reopened at 2:45pm. Keeping these gates locked ensures all children are safe within school grounds.