All members of the Brimrod school community are committed to eliminating discrimination in any form and ensuring we fulfill our obligations under the Equality Act 2010. No form of discrimination will be tolerated and all incidents are investigated and reported on. If trends are found, the Senior Leadership Team will devise an action plan to reduce the number of incidents.
As a school, we use our PSHCE curriculum to support children's understanding of different characteristics protected under the Equality Act 2010. Equality and Diversity is also celebrated and discussed through our curriculum including:
- Teaching of British Values
- Diversity Week (Spring Term)
- Use of literature during English and Topic lessons which promote a wider range of experiences
- Library books which celebrate and enhance children's access to a diverse range of literature.
Our Equality Objectives for 2017 - 2021 are:
- To increase our children's understanding of different characteristics under the Equality Act, specifically Disability and LGBT
- To raise the attainment and progress of boys, particularly Disadvantaged boys, and close the gap between Brimrod Girls and Brimrod Boys
- To continue to raise the wider aspirations of girls in school
- To increase children's awareness of LGBT through specific work with the Stonewall charity
If you have any questions concerning the school's approach to meeting the objectives or the Equality Act, please contact Mr Perkins to arrange an appointment.
The School's Accessibility Plan can be found under Parent Information > SEN